Our review will open the lid on what has become one of the must-have supplements to fight aging. Collagen plays a very important role in our bodies in that it’s a natural skeletal protein that is one of the body’s most abundant components and accounts for nearly 80% of the body’s skin, muscles, and connective tissue.
While the thought of swallowing hydrolyzed (bovine-sourced) collagen capsules which are really derived from cow cartilage seems odd, the fact that thousands of people take this every day as part of their nutritional intake is comforting enough that it has its benefits.
Depletion of collagen in the skin is the main reason for the formation of lines, wrinkles, and the appearance of aging. As we age the collagen levels drop dramatically and need topping up to maintain a youthful texture of your skin.
As we age the body’s natural production of collagen begins to slow down and free radical damage caused by sun exposure and pollution means the skin loses its elasticity and becomes more prone to wrinkles.
At around the age of 25, your body starts losing collagen at a rate of 1% to 1.5% per annum, which if you do the maths equates to losing almost 15% by the time you reach 35 and about 30% by 40 years of age. You can see why you will start to notice this loss by your skin’s elasticity and texture. Making sure the collagen levels in your body are in balance and replenished is therefore highly desirable, and crucial, if your looks and facial structure are to be maintained.
While most people associate collagen with combating wrinkles there are other benefits you get from taking the best collagen supplements. It’s also an excellent high-strength anti-aging and joint care combination formula that is purported to help strengthen hair, skin, and nails as well as offer joint support.
Collagen Capsules Review– The Best Collagen Supplements For Women
Vital Vitamins Multi Collagen Complex – Type I, II, III, V, X, Grass Fed, Non-GMO, 150 Capsules
Your body has 28 types of collagen needed for the hair, skin, bones, joints, muscles, and different organs and the one-stop supplement for restoring all these types of collagen is the Vital Vitamins Multi Collagen Complex – Type I, II, III, V, X, Grass Fed, Non-GMO. It is highly rated by reviewers, buyers, and professionals alike. The capsules are made of hydrolyzed collagen peptides blended from sources such as beef, chicken bones, eggshells, marine life, and so on.
It’s the secret to a youthful look and vitality, and yet it is safe, hormone-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free, and the packaging is convenient for carrying in your car or handbag.
Key Benefits of Collagen Capsules
- Redeeming a youthful skin– countless clinical studies by dermatologists and other skin care professionals have proven that ingesting a good anti aging supplement (at least 10,000mg a day for 8 weeks) replenishes the skin’s collagen thus improving your skin’s elasticity, density, firmness, and hydration while smoothing fine lines and wrinkles. This can help you look more than 10 years younger.
- Joint and connective tissue recovery- the collagen peptides are also deposited in the joint cartilage, thus helping to relieve problems like joint pain and osteoarthritis while improving overall joint health and agility.
- Strengthening hair and nails- collagen is a structural protein and thus the best anti aging supplements on the market will strengthen weak and brittle hair and nails.
- Improving gut health and function.
- Boosting bone mass and preventing bone loss- collagen is an essential part of your bone structure thus replenishing it will boost the overall health of your bone structure.
- Collagen protein is an essential component of skeletal muscles, thus ingesting it may help improve muscle mass and strength.
- Collagen peptide pills can also improve the elasticity of the arteries and veins, thus improving cardiovascular health.
How Do I Take Collagen Pills?
The suggested minimum dosage is 2 capsules per night and should be taken one hour after eating or before bedtime. Additionally, it’s recommended that you drink around 1.5 liters of water daily plus Vitamin C sources like citrus fruits. Collagen naturally contains Glucosamine Chondroitin and the following amino acids:
- Amino Acids
- Aspartic Acid
- Glutamic Acid
- Proline Serine
Side Effects of Collagen Peptides
As with any supplements, it’s important to be aware of any side effects that may be experienced. U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM) suggests that you could get high calcium levels or hypercalcemia may occur as a possible side effect of collagen supplements.
Some Collagen tablets come from marine sources, such as shark cartilage and shellfish so they contain high amounts of calcium, which can significantly raise calcium levels. This is not necessarily a bad thing as calcium is great for bones.
Too much calcium in the body can cause constipation, bone pain, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and abnormal heart rhythms but that is at the extreme end of taking these types of capsules. We just want you to be aware of these as is prudent whenever recommended anything you take orally.