So you want an eyeliner that puts striking color to your waterline in a single swipe or two?
What about holding together whether you’re in the heat of the direct sun or forceful rain?
For this, you need creamy and waterproof eyeliner like Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Eye Liner Pencil that will glide easily and stay in place all day long.
But that’s not all there is to look out for in eye makeup. There are retractable self-sharpening eyeliners, such as the NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Mechanical Eye Liner Pencil, eyeliners for sensitive skin, such as Jillian Dempsey Natural Kôhl Eyeliner, a variety of colors to match your taste, and so on.
Read on to discover the best eyeliner for waterline that doesn’t smudge and that celebrates your preferences.
11 Best Smudge Proof Eyeliner for Waterline
|1.||Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner||- Fastest drying eyeliner|
|2.||NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Mechanical Eye Liner Pencil||- Most popular |
- Best self-sharpening eyeliner
|3.||Jillian Dempsey Natural Kôhl Eyeliner||- Cruelty Free Waterproof Eyeliner|
If you are a beginner looking for a waterline eyeliner to play around with, then Urban Decay is perfect for you.
The Urban Decay 24/7 waterline eye pencil is a highly pigmented eyeliner that comes in a black, demi-matte formula.
It is very easy to use because you can sharpen it to achieve a fine tip that allows you to be precise hence it does not smudge or flake off.
Apart from that, this eyeliner is creamy hence it glides over the waterline smoothly.
The waterline eyeliner is also suitable for you if you have sensitive eyes or you use glasses or contact lenses because it doesn’t irritate the skin around the eyes.
If you find it hard to sharpen your eyeliners, then the NYX Professional make-up mechanical eyeliner pencil will save you the trouble. It is designed with a twist-up applicator that doesn’t need sharpening.
Besides that, it comes in a creamy formula that glides on the waterline effortlessly hence it’s the best if your eyes are sensitive.
Also, it does not budge thus ideal even for hot days. It stays in place throughout the day and you don’t have to reapply it.
The Rimmel Scandleyes best smudge proof eyeliner for waterline is friendly if you wear contact lenses or you have sensitive eyes because it is ultra-smooth and creamy.
This product lasts for up to 24 hours without smearing or running due to its creamy formula that glides easily on the waterline without flaking.
Apart from that, this eyeliner is intensely pigmented and waterproof hence it can withstand heat throughout the day.
Lastly, this is the perfect product for you if you have oily skin because it’s sweat-proof and doesn’t run easily. It also gets off easily and you don’t have to rub it aggressively. You just need to apply a little baby oil on a face towel and wipe it off.
This is a luxurious waterproof eyeliner for waterline well known for its longevity and some essential oils that are formulated to give it a rich color payoff.
They include organic shea butter, marula oil, and jojoba oil that moisturize your waterline instead of reaping off its moisture, unlike other overly matte products.
Also, the Jillian Dempsey eyeliner offers a smooth application and comes with a built-in blender tool that enables you to blend in the product without smudging it all over the eyelids.
The Covergirl perfect point plus eyeliner is another excellent and beginner friendly eyeliner on our list that we would highly recommend.
It is very versatile and comes with a soft smudger tip that allows you to create a smokie look without smearing the liner around your eyelids.
Besides, it’s designed with the twist-up technique hence it doesn’t require you to sharpen it after every use. This factor allows it to last for long because you don’t waste the product, unlike the other eyeliners that require sharpening. You just need to twist the tip simply and the in-built sharpener will do all the work for you.
6. L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Pro-Last Best Non Smudge Eyeliner Pencil, Waterproof & Smudge-Resistant
The L’Oréal Paris Makeup Infallible Pro-Last Pencil Eyeliner is another highly recommended product hence it has to be on our list.
It is waterproof hence smudge resistant and it stays on for up to 24 hours. Besides that, it is available in 12 different shades for you to choose from if you want to match your outfits. Also, these pencils are highly pigmented hence they make your eyes pop with a velvety finish.
If you are having trouble sharpening the tip while it crumbles, the trick is to get the old-school metallic pencil sharpener. It will hold the cosmetic in place so that it doesn’t break.
This is yet another of the best eyeliner for waterline that doesn’t smudge and that has earned many women’s trust over the years because of its high quality and stunning application formula.
It illuminates your eyes by giving them an illusion of fuller lashes hence making them pop more if you have small eyes.
On top of that, this waterliner comes in a creamy gel formula that stays in place for hours without smudging, flaking, or fading.
Its bold shade allows you to achieve a dark waterline or a smokie look by blending it in using a small eyeshadow brush and without having to apply too much product.
The Mia Adora eyeliner pencil is another high-quality product that offers you easy application due to its smooth glide precision tip.
It allows you to precisely achieve either a thin line or a smokie look depending on your personal preference.
Also, it is waterproof hence it can withstand humidity, sweat, and high temperatures just fine without smudging or flaking.
The Bare Minerals eyeliner is another outstanding product that has earned positive reviews over the years.
It comes in a creamy formula that smoothly slides over your waterline providing high-intensity color. Besides that, it is waterproof and it stays in place over a long time without smudging around your eyelids.
10. Milani Supreme Kohl Kajal Eyeliner, 01 Blackest Black, 0.01 oz-best waterproof eyeliner for tightlining
The Milani Supreme eyeliner has been in the market for quite a long time and has earned a good reputation because of its quality.
It is very smooth and creamy thus it enables easy application and doesn’t irritate the eyes.
Apart from that, it’s one of the best long lasting eyeliner for waterline that can last all day long without running or requiring reapplication. Also, it is very affordable and will last you for a while.
The most outstanding feature about the Inglot Kohl pencil is the active ingredients that are formulated to provide a moisturizing effect hence it doesn’t dry out your waterline and your eyelids will not appear cakey.
It is also highly pigmented and soft hence you can easily blend it to create a smokey eye without smudging it too much.
Apart from that, this best waterproof eyeliner pencil for waterline stays on for hours without bleeding.
A Buyer’s Guide for the Best Eyeliner for Waterline That Doesn’t Smudge
Investing in quality smudge proof waterline eyeliner will save you a lot of trouble when you are doing your eye makeup. Here’s a guide that will help you choose the best smudge proof eyeliner for waterline.
- Types of eyeliners – there are 3 different types of eyeliners that you can find in most cosmetic stores and online websites. One of them is the gel eyeliner that is made into a thick formula and comes with a fine angled brush to give you a defined outline. The other type is the liquid eyeliner which is well formulated to help you achieve a thin, dark line on your waterline. The last type is the common pencil eyeliner which is the easiest to use. Some of them will require you to sharpen them when they become blunt while others come with an in-built sharpener that does the job for you when you twist the tip.
- Waterproof – ensure that you invest in the best waterproof eyeliner for waterline to avoid smudging and running during the course of the day. It also stays in place regardless of the weather and your skin type.
- Applicator – if you are a beginner, consider buying an eyeliner that can be sharpened or one that has a fine tip for precision and to avoid smudging.
- How fast it dries – make sure that you settle for an eyeliner that dries out very fast to ensure that it doesn’t smudge around your eyes or flake off after a while.
- Pigmentation – choose an eyeliner that is highly pigmented to prevent smearing or fading off after a while and to avoid having to reapply every couple of hours.
FAQs; Best Non Smudge Eyeliner Pencil
Why does my waterline eyeliner smudge?
Your waterline eyeliner is likely to mess up because of the following reasons;
- Using a blunt eyeliner pencil is the most common cause of smudges. Ensure that your pencil is sharp and fine for precise application.
- Using an eyeliner that absorbs moisture is another likely cause of blotching. Invest in high-quality eyeliner that is waterproof to save you the trouble.
- Not setting the eyeliner. If you have an oily skin, your eyeliner is likely to smudge at some point especially when it is a bit hot outside. It is advisable to set your eyeliner with a dark eye shadow to help keep it in place.
How do I keep my waterline eyeliner from smudging?
If you want to keep your waterline eyeliner from streaking, try out the following hacks to find out which one works best for you, depending on your personal preference and the shape of your eyes;
- Use sharp, fine eyeliner that doesn’t require tugging or drawing the line over and over again to achieve a higher pigment. A fine one will glide right over your waterline hence it will not smudge or flake after some time.
- Try applying a concealer to act as a base for your eyeliner then set it using a dark eyeshadow to ensure that it doesn’t move around. However, this hack is not advisable if you have sensitive eyes because you could get irritated easily.
- Use a very thin angled brush to apply your eyeliner because it allows you to apply with precision so there are no smudges.
Whether you have a sensitive skin or you do use contact lenses, you can always find eyeliner that suits your needs. And you don’t have to struggle with eye makeup that bleeds in the sun or smudges in the rain. As seen in our review, the best smudge proof eyeliner for waterline should be easy to apply, easy to sharpen, and waterproof. It should also have a long staying power and should match your color and thickness preferences.