The soap-brows trend has been going on for a while. Soap works to give your brows volume and makes them remain smooth and glossy all day. Unfortunately, not everyone likes the idea of using soap on their eyebrows. The good news is that other alternatives will sleek down your brows.
Pros and Cons of Using Soap on Brows
- Affordable – soap is an affordable product when compared to other makeup products.
- Easy to use – you do not need to be a professional makeup artist to know how to use soap
- Guaranteed sleek eyebrows – using soap guarantees that your eyebrows are set together even if you are not skilled.
- Irritation – if you have sensitive skin using soap on your brows might cause irritation
- Heavy – soap might be heavy and yucky on the skin if you do not use it correctly
How to Do Soap Brows without Soap – Soap Brow Gel Alternatives:
1. Hair Gels
Hair gels can work well on eyebrows because they give your hair a sleek-down look. However, you have to be careful about the type of hair gel you use since some can irritate the skin. Avoid hair gels with harsh chemicals since you are using them on your face.
Schwarzkopf got2b Glued Styling Spiking Glue 1.25 Oz
Got2b glue is a popular gel and has proven to work over the years. It is safe for direct skin contact so you do not have to worry about using it on your face. The glue dries to become transparent so no white residue is left on the skin. The gel comes in a cream form and another good thing is that it is gluten-free.
- Safe for direct skin contact
- Transparent after drying
- Cream form for easy application
- Gluten-free for those with allergies
- The pack is small compared to other hair gels
2. Brow Wax
Brow wax is a must-have product for brow grooming. It sleeks down your eyebrows and at the same time, it makes them appear fuller. If you have some bald spots on your eyebrows, the wax will help to conceal them.
COVERGIRL Easy Breezy Brow Micro-Fine + Define Pencil, Soft Brown, 0.003 Oz
This brow pencil is the best option for a fast makeup routine. It’s fine and gives your brows a natural look.
For easy application, it has a spoolie to help in grooming. Unlike other brow pencils, you do not need to sharpen them. If you have sensitive eyes and skin, the brow pencil is made from hypoallergenic products.
- Easy to use – no sharpening
- Ideal for sensitive skin and eyes
- Gives brows a natural look
- Fast eyebrows grooming
- Pencils can be tricky to use for some people
Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Freeze
This brow freeze is specifically made to groom eyebrows. It’s oil-free so you can use it as the last step in your makeup routine. The brow freeze comes in a natural color so you can use it no matter your skin tone or age. It also holds on strongly since it is specifically made for grooming brows.
- Made specifically for brows
- Oil-free to maintain the look of your makeup
- Natural color for all skin tones
- Strong hold on brows
- A high-end brand so it is expensive compared to other alternatives
3. Mascara Primer
A mascara primer is meant to coat your brows before the mascara application. However, it can be used to sleek down your eyebrows since it has a gel consistency. It comes with a spoolie so it is easy to apply on your brows.
Essence Volume Booster Lash Primer Mascara
This is a vegan product and it’s also cruelty-free. It is made from natural products so apart from beautifying your eyebrows it will also help to nourish them. The mango butter and acai oil are essential for the growth of your eyebrows. You get the primer in a pack of three so it is a good value for your money.
- Vegan and cruelty-free product
- Natural oils and butter for nourishing brows
- Value for money
- Should be used sparingly otherwise it leaves a white coat
4. Brow Lamination
Brow lamination is also known as perming your brows. For people with curly eyebrows, texturizing them is a good option. The procedure should be done by a professional for effective results. When done by a professional, your brows will remain sleek for up to six weeks before you need a touch-up.
It is a cheaper option for people who do not want to do micro blading or other expensive procedures. After brow lamination, you do not have to keep grooming them so it helps you to save time in the long run.